Investing in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Investing in the SDGs means investing in Canada’s prosperity and that of future generations. By working together, focusing efforts where they can have the greatest impact and investing resources in areas like science, innovation, technology and partnerships, progress toward achieving the SDGs can be further accelerated.
Achieving sustainable development is key to securing future economic
prosperity, ensuring the health of the planet and preserving global peace and
- Enhance collaboration between different levels of government, the private and non-profit sectors and research communities, and support the development of new and innovative partnerships, approaches and breakthroughs to advance multiple SDGs.
- Encourage philanthropic organizations, private sector firms and private investors to contribute to achieving the SDGs though opportunities for collaboration which could include: sustainable production and procurement processes; resource efficiency, clean energy and the regenerative use of natural resources; improved social protection for labour; adoption of circular economic approaches; ESG-compliant investment in emerging and frontier markets; and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Partner with organizations to encourage SDG implementation in the business community, including corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Engage with partners to develop, test and deploy innovative and flexible financing tools that will mobilize new investments to achieve the SDGs in Canada and abroad.
- Measure the economics and the effectiveness of the impacts of successful SDG implementation, different resourcing requirements and potential types of funding.